Building glibc 2.0.7 using hamm

I now have the latest 2.0.7 pre-release version of glibc building packages
successfully. However, because several programs were necessary that are
not available in the distribution, glibc is currently, technically, a
non-free package (because the ability to rebuild the source depends on
packages outside of main). Now, practically, both of these packages do
exist in the distribution. The problem is that they are "old" versions
that don't work well enough to use building glibc. The new versions are
available, and I had no problems building and using them.

The two packages are cvs and tetex (actually it's makeinfo, but this
program is only found in the tetex packages).

CVS is currently released in Debian as version 1.9.10, while the version
that I used to retrieve and build glibc was 1.9.26.

The makeinfo in the current tetex package is version 3.9, while the
version needed by glibc must equal or greater than 3.11. The current
version of texinfo (the upstream source for makinfo) is 3.12, which is
the version I am using to build glibc.

Personally, I would prefer that texinfo were packaged seperate from
tetex-base and tetex-bin, so you didn't have to have all of tetex
installed to build packages that need to create info pages. At the very
least I would settle for the new release version being included in the
next release of tetex.

BTW, my recovering system is only missing pgp to be able to sign these new
packages. How does a supposedly free US citizen obtain a debian version of
pgp, or barring that, the source to said software? (my previous copy was
extremely old, and I don't remember how I obtained it, and of course it
resides in bit heaven now ;-S

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--