Re: Failed Maintainer Addresses

stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Steve McIntyre) writes:
> In article <[🔎] m0yHDbw-000yWQC@baguette> you write:
> >   itimer                  (orphaned)
> >If nobody else steps forward, I am willing to take over these.

I don't think you should package itimer. If you do please put an explicit
disclaimer explaining that it shouldn't be used if possible.

All versions since Emacs 19.31 support timers internally. The only uses for
the itimer package is for running old elisp packages that depend on it.

I don't know of any substantial package that depends on itimer. vm, mailcrypt
etc. all use the internal timers if possible. If people have local software
that depends on itimer they can install itimer locally as well fairly easily.

If you do package it, the description should say that only very old elisp will
use it and any new elisp should be written using the internal timers.

greg