Re: XFree86 3.3.2-2 and xlib6

On Fri, Mar 27, 1998 at 12:24:30PM +0100, Alexander Shumakovitch wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 05:19:30PM -0600, Alex Romosan wrote:
> > make sure that /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/X11/locale is actually
> > symlinked to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale. maybe you had an old link
> > pointing to some weird place.
>
> Yes, it works! Somehow I had an empty directory locale in
> /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/X11, so a symlink couldn't be created. I'm completely
> sure that I didn't create this directory myself, so It could be done only by
> some old Debian package (I didn't reinstall Debian from scratch since January,
> 1997). It means that others could also experience such a problem. Does it make
> sense then to make pre-install script checking for existence of this directory
> and removing it in case it exists?

I heard some people grumbling today about awe-netscape possibly being the
cause of this.  Are you now or have you ever run awe-netscape?

(Apologies to Sen. McCarthy.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                 | When I die I want to go peacefully in
Purdue University                   | my sleep like my ol' Grand Dad...not