Re: XFree86 3.3.2-2 and xlib6

On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 05:19:30PM -0600, Alex Romosan wrote:
> make sure that /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/X11/locale is actually
> symlinked to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale. maybe you had an old link
> pointing to some weird place.

Yes, it works! Somehow I had an empty directory locale in
/usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/X11, so a symlink couldn't be created. I'm completely
sure that I didn't create this directory myself, so It could be done only by
some old Debian package (I didn't reinstall Debian from scratch since January,
1997). It means that others could also experience such a problem. Does it make
sense then to make pre-install script checking for existence of this directory
and removing it in case it exists?

Thanks for the help!

  --- Shurik.