Problem with /usr/include/socketbits.h

Hi,

I've got a problem after I installed the latest libc6-dev: some of
my packages that compiled fine with previous versions of libc6-dev have
problems now.

I traced down the problem to these line towards the end of
/usr/include/socketbits.h:

/* Get socket manipulation related informations from kernel headers. */
#ifndef _LINUX_TYPES_H
# define _LINUX_TYPES_H
#endif

#include <asm/socket.h>

The problem is that my packages need to use the types __kernel_{uid_t,
gid_t,mode_t} which are defined in /usr/include/linux/types.h.

In /usr/include/linux/types.h there's a "#ifndef _LINUX_TYPES_H" at
the beggining of the file so because _LINUX_TYPES_H is defined in
socketbits.h the types.h file is not processed.

Why this mess? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

E.-

P.S. I hate these libc6 changes. Every version breaks my packages.

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department