Re: new /proc/net/dev for 2.1.90

On Mar 20, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> Just to let everyone know, /proc/net/dev has changed yet again. The new
> format is this:
>
> Inter-|   Receive                                                |  Transmit
>  face |bytes    packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes packets errs drop fifo colls carrier compressed
>
> This probably breaks quite a few network display packages. I'm sure xnetload
> won't work, but I'll fix that tonight. I doubt pppload or kpppload like it
> either (which I also maintain). ifconfig doesn't work (there is an upstream
> patch).

I've uploaded the file netbase-nettools-upd.tar.gz to fbti.et-inf.fho-emden.de
/pub/debian. This archiv contains a new nettools snapshot (ifconfig, route,
netstat etc.). To install them simply extract the archive in the root
directory. They'll overwrite the old versions from the netbase package so
the netbase dpkg database entry will be still valid. Of course you can also
extract the archive in a different directory if you don't want to overwrite
the old versions.

If these tools work with both the 2.0.x and the 2.1.x kernels (especially
with the new 2.1.90 kernel) I'll upload a new netbase package to frozen the
next days. So please test the binaries and let me know if they work for you.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> <tobias@debian.org> <tobias@linux.de>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02  04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C