Re: new /proc/net/dev for 2.1.90

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> > Inter-|   Receive                                                |  Transmit
> >  face |bytes    packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes packets errs drop fifo colls carrier compressed
> >
> > This probably breaks quite a few network display packages. I'm sure xnetload
> > won't work, but I'll fix that tonight. I doubt pppload or kpppload like it
> > either (which I also maintain). ifconfig doesn't work (there is an upstream
> > patch).
>
> Also breaks procmeter.
>
> I'm beginning to think all these programs should wise up to the fact that
> /proc/net/dev keeps getting new fields added to it, and try to parse the
> header for the field locations, so they can adapt to the changes. Oh well,
> probably too much work to be worth it. :-/

Also breaks my 'TCPQuota'... Darn... Gotta fix this some day... :)

 Turbo  ___________     Debian GNU/Linux   Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^  ___  /___(_)__________  _____  __  selective about who its friends are
  _ /// _  /___  / _  / / / /_/ /__>  <   Turbo Fredriksson Tel: +46-704-697645
  \\\/  /_____/_/  /_/ /_/\__,_/ /_/|_|   S-415 10 Göteborg    turbo@tripnet.se
                  PGP#788CD1A9            SWEDEN         www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
----------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B ------------
--
KGB SEAL Team 6 jihad cracking radar BATF NSA Marxist cryptographic
FSF [Hello to all my fans in domestic surveillance] security NORAD