Dealing with bugs fixed in non-maintainer releases (was Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Hamm)

[Reply-To set to debian-policy; please redirect followups there]
[Is "Reply-To" the appropriate way of doing this? I don't think there's a
"Followup-To" header for mail]

On Fri, Mar 20, 1998 at 12:25:02AM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Brian White wrote:
> > The following bug reports *must* be fixed
>
> Will there be any objection if I start doing a series of non-maintainer
> releases to fix the critical bugs on this list?

No objections here. However, I think we must agree on how to handle the bug
reports; the situation is like this:
- Non-maintainer releases should not close bug reports
- We don't have a "Severity: fixed" yet.

I propose that these bugs, when fixed by a non-maintainer upload, have their
severity lowered to "normal". Thus, they can be properly closed when the
maintainer does a new upload (as intended by policy), and they don't get in
the way of the release any longer.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.