Re: tecra version of hamm

Steve Dunham <dunham@cps.msu.edu> writes:

>  CONS:
>
>    Takes more space on floppy (about 32k).
>    Doesn't have password protection (lilo does).
>    Not "standard" in the Linux community

Fewer features.  For example, last time I checked it couldn't re-map
drives (swapping hda and hdb for example) which can be important if
you want to boot off the second hard drive.  Although for laptops this
particular feature may not be relevant.

Overall, though my experience with GRUB was quite good.  It just
couldn't handle my particular configuration yet.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>