Re: Backspace bug

On Wed, Mar 18, 1998 at 03:17:29PM +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> When I do a remote login from a Sun workstation to a hamm system, the
> backspace key is not working (and delete is not working as backspace either).
> If I start a remote emacs or xterm, it is working within these windows. On a
> bo system everything works ok.

The bug is in bash. Edit the /etc/inputrc file and remove the delete
keybinding, and it will work.

Believe it or not, this doesn't only affect logins from suns, but also from
correctly configured debian systems!

Why is it that so many weeks after our keyboard configuration policy was
decided on, such key packages as bash and xbase fail to implement it?