Re: Are we in this for ourselves?

On 18 Mar 1998 bruce@va.debian.org wrote:

> > Though I couldn't care less what you call me, many here don't deserve
> > this.
>
> Agreed. There are a lot of good Debian developers that I have a lot of
> respect for. But from what I'm hearing today you'd think Ayn Rand was in
> charge of the project. There's no reason for me to hang around and deal
> with that sort of stuff.

And just why is Ayn Rand in the wrong here? The underlying principle of
her philosophy is that the individual is always more important than the
group. (as I am an individual, I agree with this axiom)
The only way this project gets done is by the efforts of each of us as
individuals applying our individual skills to the problem at hand.

Any reasons you have "to hang around" are your own, don't go blaming Ayn
for your perceptions.

Later,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_   Author of "The Debian Linux User's Guide"   _-_-_-_-_-_-