Re: lilo: liloconfig doesn't make the system bootable

On Tuesday, March 17 1998, at 15:52:46, Paul Slootman wrote:
:
: However, I don't recall seeing the following question when doing a
: straight install of debian:
:
:     A master boot record is required to run the paritition boot record.
:     If you are already using a boot manager, and want to keep it,
:     answer "no" to the following question. If you don't know
:     what a boot manager is or whether you have one, answer "yes".
:     Install a master boot record on /dev/hda? [No]
:
: I'll try a clean install soon, and report back if this does in fact not
: work.

That's what I did: a fresh install in a zeroed disk, and hamm
boot-floppies didn't install or asked for mbr installation at all.
I thought bootdisks used liloconfig for that...

Regards,
--
Roberto Lumbreras
rover@lander.es | rover@etsit.upm.es | rover@debian.org & pgp 143BE391