Re: lilo: liloconfig doesn't make the system bootable

> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 03:19:26 +0100
> From: Roberto Lumbreras <rover@lander.es>
> To: submit@bugs.debian.org
> Cc: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
> Subject: lilo: liloconfig doesn't make the system bootable
>
> Package: lilo
> Version: 20-0.1
> Severity: grave
>
> Lilo install (liloconfig) does NOT make the system bootable. I
> think it doesn't install mbr properly.
>
> I've installed a few systems (with bo & hamm disks) and noone
> booted without manual help. I know how to install mbr manually, but
> others can just say "Debian broke my computer".

Hy all!

I guess the problem is that Liloconfig produces a config-file including the
line

boot=/dev/hda2 (in my case)

instead of

boot=/dev/hda

I think liloconfig sets 'boot' to the same value as 'root'.

I hope this helps

Dietmar
Dietmar Block
Institut fuer Experimentelle und Angewandte Physik
Christian Albrechts Universitaet zu Kiel       Tel: 0049-(0)431-880-3871
Olshausenstrasse 40-60			       Fax:	           -3809
24098 Kiel  -  Germany			       e-mail: block@physik.uni-kiel.de