Bug Terrorism and 'move xpm' - statement

Hello

I must write same statements to the bug story: move xpm to the right place.

I read an answer from "Larry 'Daffy' Daffner" <vizzie@mail.airmail.net>
to a mail from joey (28.02.1998):
     MS> c) Where should I put the files?  In the past they were put into
     MS> /usr/X11R6/lib/ctwm/images (*.xbm) /usr/X11R6/lib/ctwm/images/bg
     MS> (*.xpm)

   I would think they should go in /usr/include/X11/{pixmaps,bitmaps}
   with all the rest, maybe prepending texture- if there's a potential
   for name conflict.

   -Larry

I found this statement from Larry a good idea. Well, I wrote a mail
to debian-policy "new policy for pixmaps and bitmaps ?".
Adam P. Harris <apharris@onshore.com> answer:
  [You (Michael Bramer)]
  >I think we should make a new policy:
  >
  >All pixmaps and bitmaps are locate under
  >/usr/X11R6/include/X11/[pixmaps|bitmaps].

  I agree that this should be where pixmaps and bitmaps go; however I
  disagree that this should be policy.  Point (a): it's covered by FSSTD,
  point (b) it will move with FHS to /usr/share, presumably.

  >You see, fvwm is on the right place, but gnome, tkdesk, afterstep and so on
  >not. I think we should change that.

  I suggest you submit wishlist level bugs against these packages which
  don't put .xbm and .xpms under /usr/X11R6/include/X11.

In debian-policy was no discussion. After this, I go on va.debian.org
and make a grep "\.xpm$" /var/lib/dpkg/info*.list|less and write
bug-reports with bug.
After same days I get no response from the bug-system and master is down :-(
After master was live (thanks to all), I get mail-errors from va.debian.org.
So I believe, that the bugs wasn't mailed to the bug-system and I
mail all the bugs the second time from my home.

This is the story.

sorry for the duplicate bugs and the not right severity.

To the bugs:

All the bugs must go to 'wishlist'.

There is no exact policy in debian-policy and in the fsstnd. I think for
icons (and so) the right place is /usr/X11R6/include/pixmaps. (or a
new directory /usr/X11R6/icons/ ?)

Then the user should not search for icons and all programs with icons
(like windowmanager) search in the same directory.
This is the location of xpm's on my hamm system:
afterstep:	/usr/share/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/desktop/icons/
fvwm-common: 	/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps
fvwm95:		/usr/X11R6/icons/
gnome-icons:	/usr/share/pixmaps/
kde*:		/usr/share/icons/ or /usr/share/apps/*
(only windowmanager)
I think this is not a good idea.

We should discuss this policy a second time. Is this idea so bad?
Packages with a lot of icons and backgrounds and so on, should package
two packages: package-bin package-icons. (like gnome). Then all
user can install the icons without the program.

Grisu