Re: DynDNS

aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu (Alex Yukhimets) wrote:
|I don't have any sources, but I also don't think it is a big deal to write
|one from scratch. We should only agree on communication method. The server

I don't quite get it - whatever DynDNS does, your suggestions seems to
be allready covered by the current release of Bind 8, from
/usr/doc/bind/README:

BIND 8 Features

        -> DNS Dynamic Updates (RFC 2136)

        -> DNS Change Notification (RFC 1996)

|side upon receiving such message should change named zone files and
|relod named, right? UDP packages seems like the best method of
|communication to me. Another possibility is a short TCP session or even
|e-mail to the system.

Am I missing something in thinking that RFC 2136 allready defines
this?

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos@gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous