Re: again: gperf still missing in action!

Wichert,

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously James Troup wrote:
> > unix.hensa.ac.uk/mirrors/debian/hamm> zcat Contents-i386.gz | grep gperf
> > usr/bin/gperf                                                devel/libg++272-dev
>
> Okay. Now I'm confused. Can somebody tell me what gperf is doing in libg++?
> It has nothing to do with C++..
>
> Wichert.

Apart from being the c++ equivalent to cperf, no, there is not strong
reason for it to be in libg++ but this is an artifact of the fact that it
has no official package and the maintainer of libg++ (the upstream
version) has kept it there.

There was a discussion some time ago on the egcs list about splitting it
off into a real gnu package, but nothing has happened since. Some people
feel it should be a real package, some people feel that since we have
cperf its not important enough.

Merrick

---
Merrick W. Schincariol