Re: Almost 3000 outstanding bugs more than 60 days old!

On Sun, Mar 15, 1998 at 05:14:53PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 15, 1998 at 05:02:27PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 15, 1998 at 03:36:44PM +0000, Hugo Haas wrote:
> >
> > > Remco Blaakmeer sent automated messages to the maintainers one month ago,
> > > but it was not very efficient...
> >
> > Note that it was wrong from him to sent those mails. We already have a
> > system for nagging maintainers with old bugs. Instead he took a closer look
> > at the bug reports then and helped closing some of them.
>
> Which is what has to be done.  If s/o has spare time left, look at the
> bugs of the packages you use, fix 'em, send the patch to the maintainer.

It would be nice if the web pages could give a list of bugs by submitter -
that way people could check bugs that they had submitted more easily
(although you can search through the entire index).

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS