/usr/share/misc confusion

There seems to be some confusion over the use of /usr/share/misc.

At least two packages have recently moved their application specific data
files to /usr/share/misc. I think that's wrong; I think application specific
data should still be installed in /usr/share/<application>.

magic and other files only meant to be read by specific applications are
pretty out of place there surrounded by word lists and airport codes. The
existing files are all meant for the user to use directly, are generally very
simple lists.

greg