Intent to package dictd

     I announce my intent to package dictd.  This is a product of the
DICT Development Group (www.dict.org), containing client/server
software implementing the Dictionary Server Protocol, as described in
RFC 2229.

The Dictionary Server Protocol (DICT) is a TCP transaction based
query/response protocol that allows a client to access dictionary
definitions from a set of natural language dictionary databases.

     This package includes dict(1), a client which can access DICT
servers from the command line, and dictd(8), a server which supports
the DICT protocol.  This software can be used to access any database
arranged similar to a dictionary.  The distribution includes the raw
data and conversion programs for a number of freely distributable
dictionaries and databases.

     All of the software in this package is under the GPL, but some of
the databases, while freely distributable, may not comply fully with
the DFSG.  I plan to create several packages, so the client-server
software and the DSFG compliant dtabases may go in main, and the
non-compliant databases would go in non-free.
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>