Re: Perl CPAN<->dpkg connectivity?

Hi,
>>"Darren" == Torin's Auto-Reply Daemon <torin@daft.com> writes:

Darren> There was quite a bit of discussion about this on
Darren> perl5-porters recently.  The essence of it was that in 5.005,
Darren> there will be packlists, dependency info, and other such
Darren> packaging info automatically supplied by MakeMaker.  This was
Darren> set up for Sys V packages but it will be general enough to be
Darren> used by other packagers.  dpkg was mentioned by name.

	DOes that mean I should stop working on cpan-package? Also, I
 think that not all the information can be supllied by upstream
 authors unless dpkg support is a major effort by upstream authors. I
 am talking about distribution (non-free, contrib, main); sections,
 pre-depends vs depends vs recommends, and which packages have to have
 a relationship with etc.

	cpan-package relies on a human edited Control template.

	manoj
--
 Draw your salary before spending it.