Re: HAMM FREEZE IS ONE WEEK AWAY

Hi,

wouldn't it be helpful for the non-i386 architecture to make the
release of Debian 2.0 with an individual release *date*. I suggest to
concentrate the release date to the issues of the i386 part of our
distribution and let the other architecture try individually to make
their own release. It would be useful to all our ports to have a
working 2.0 release even if there are three additional month needed to
make it ready. With nearly no changes in the source code base it would
be much easier to catch up with the i386 binaries.

We should really made 2.0 versions of all our architecture available!
With the release we hopefully get more maintainer for these
architectures so that it will be easier to compile all the packages
and to reduce the time between the i386 release date and the other
architecture release date.

Bye
  Christian

--