Re: cvs-buildpackage usage

Hi,
	What I would do is somethink like

 tar cf - . (mkdir /tmp/new; cd /tmp/new; tar xvvpf -)
 find /tmp/new -type d -name CVS -exec rm -rf {} \;
 cd /tmp/new; dpkg-buildpackge -rfakeroot

	Any suggestions welcome.

	manoj
>>"Douglas" == Douglas Bates <bates@stat.wisc.edu> writes:

Douglas> I maintain the r-base package.  The upstream source code for
Douglas> this package has been made into a CVS tree to which I have
Douglas> access.  I can and will install the debian directory into the
Douglas> upstream source CVS tree.  I hope I will then be able to use
Douglas> cvs-buildpackage even though the CVS archive is not a local
Douglas> archive into which I have injected the package.

Douglas> It looks to me from a run of cvs-buildpackage -d -n
Douglas> -rfakeroot that cvs-buildpackage will always go back to
Douglas> CVSROOT and run cvs export In this case the CVSROOT directory
Douglas> is on a machine in New Zealand and I am in North America.  I
Douglas> would prefer not to transfer the entire tree every time I try
Douglas> a build.  It would be much more efficient if I could have a
Douglas> way to run cvs update in my checked-out copy of the source
Douglas> tree then export from there.  Is this easy to do?

--
 We give advice, but we cannot give the wisdom to profit by it. Duc de
 La Rochefoucauld (A word to the wise is--unnecessary.)