Re: Why "daemon" is not like "deity"

Hi,

	Permit me to chime in with an unequivocal assent; this is
 crystalization of my view point expressed better than I was
 expressing it.

	manoj

>>"Chris" == Chris Fearnley <cjf@netaxs.com> writes:

Chris> I would buy Bruce's argument if he said "'deity' gives the
Chris> wrong marketing impression".  But saying that people would find
Chris> it offensive seems off the wall to me.

Chris> I do trust Bruce's marketing intuitions, so I'm inclined to
Chris> support his choice of name for deity.  I just don't accept
Chris> "offensive" as a valid reason.

--
 "The alternative to mutual trust, which is indeed a risky gamble, is
 the security of the police state." Alan Watts