Re: kernel or syskold not supporting flavours

Manoj Srivastava writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > 	I am not sure what happened, since I have previously tried the
 >  kernel-flavours option and definitely saw it work with syslogd. I
 >  shall try again, and let you know.
 >
 > 	However, I tried to find where that message could be printed
 >  from in the kernel sources, to no avail. Me thinks this does not come
 >  from the kernel. Proof follows.

Yep, nice proof.

Let's go further:
====
$ strings /sbin/syslogd | grep 'Cannot find map file'
$ strings /sbin/klogd | grep 'Cannot find map file'
Cannot find map file.
Cannot find map file.
$ strings /sbin/klogd | grep 'Loaded '
Loaded %d symbols from %s.