Re: HAMM FREEZE IS ONE WEEK AWAY

On Sat, Mar 07, 1998 at 12:22:24AM -0500, Brian White wrote:

> Just a reminder to everyone that, barring exceptional circumstances, Hamm
> will be frozen on March 16th.  I will be restricting uploads at that point
> to bug-fixes only.  I'll also be removing all non-essential packages that
> still have critical, grave, or important bugs open.
>
> Please try to clean up any outstanding bugs so we can have a reasonably
> clean system for the testing group to work on.

The packages are ready, but I'm waiting for a note from authors.
Sniffit is non-free because of a broken license and I contacted the
author, but the only thing he replied was :

> If the 'project' died (what I expect) I give you permission to put it in
> the debian distribution.
> In case you do it: 3 extra things
> 1) In the description there will be a line with a copyright on Sniffit
>    with my name.
> 2) You don't mark it as a dangerous program.
> 3) You take it as is.. I mean: I get no extra responsability when it gets
>    in the ditro ;)

I'm not satisfied with this, so I emailed him again, but got no answer so
far. I'm not willing to maintain a license-crippled package. If nothing
will happen I'll package it for non-free and afterwards orphane it.

The problem with majordomo is, that its license does not allow to
distribute a modified version. I emailed the majordomo-working-group
which acts as the upstream maintainer, but got no answer so far.
If nothing happens majordomo has to be removed from Hamm and I'm feeling
sorry about this...

regards
	Sascha

--