sendmail future

As the new maintainer of sendmail, I'm asking for your help in two
places.  I doubt the interest level is high enough to warrent keeping
this on the list, so replies here or private are welcomed.

  1) future direction

   I'm soliciting ideas you have for sendmail - no promises, except
   to add the items to my current wishlist.

  2) installation and customization

   sendmailconfig does a good job of helping users setup sendmail.

   I'm hoping to make it easier by including some samples.
   There aren't that many scenarios that need covering (I hope):

   I'd like to get sample sendmail.mc (or, if you must, sendmail.cf) files
   from a variety of folk so that I can find the commonalities and maybe
   provide reasonable samples.  Its possible that the samples may lead to
   increased auto-configuration.

   Sample configuration types - are there others?
    A) Machine types
      1) Router (smarthost)
      2) Leaf

    B) Mail delivery types