Re: Two hard-to-find problems

    Zed> problems since I switched to hamm and I can't figure out
    Zed> exactly where they're coming from (thus no bug reports yet).
    Zed> The first (and most major) is that upon a reboot
    Zed> (e.g. shutdown - -r now) the filesystems are NOT being
    Zed> correctly unmounted.  This happens whether or not file-rc is
    Zed> installed.  I was able to get a partial fix on this by adding
    Zed> a second symlink to umountfs at 04 priority (the original was
    Zed> at 40, reboot is 05), but it usually misses /usr anyway
    Zed> (oddly enough, / gets unmounted).  Could someone with a
    Zed> working reboot send a runlevel.conf or a directory listing
    Zed> for /etc/rc2.d my way so I can check to see if it's something
    Zed> misconfigured on my end?

One of my friends has also started running into this problem.

I believe it's caused by saying 'n' to upgrading some /etc/init.d/
script, but I don't know which.

It's a very annoying problem!

--
Brought to you by the letters K and V and the number 18.
"Atatakaku natta kara, otaku to uchi no kazoku de, nani ka shimasen ka?" -- JSL