Re: autoup.sh

mattyt@mattyt.oz.net (Matt Thompson) writes:
> The script didn't work for me.  I ran it and got the following:
>
> If you are using a mirror, press 'm'.
> If you need to download the files via FTP, press 'f'.
> if you have the files in the current dir, press 'c': (m/c) c

     Just before the above message, the script displayed:

| This script will install the packages necessary to ensure a safe upgrade
| to hamm.
|
| You need to either have a local or remote mirror mounted, or have the
| latest versions of the following packages from hamm available in the
| current directory:
|
|     ldso, libc5, libc6, timezones, locales, ncurses3.0, ncurses3.4,
|     libreadline2, libreadlineg2, bash, libg++272, dpkg, dpkg-dev,
|     dpkg-ftp, dpkg-mountable, libgdbm1, libgdbmg1, perl-base, and perl.

     Apparently you overlooked getting a new libc5.  Note that this is
not the libc5 from your 1.3.1 CD.  It must be the version in the
oldlibs directory of hamm.

     There is a bug in autoup.sh.  It should have aborted just before
the message "all needed files found".  However, in this case, the
result would be the same.

--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>