Re: Need some Linux+Pilot users to package existing software

bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens) writes:

> Some of the Debian GNU/Linux developers are also using the Pilot.
> Debian already includes a pilot-link package in its next version.
> It would be nice to have the compiler and other tools, especially
> ones that are free software.

> I love mine. I don't go anywhere without it.

Nice to hear you're a fellow Pilot user.

I'm taking a look at the pilot-prc stuff (gcc, binutils, et al).  So
far it doesn't seem too painful to compile, but I have to make sure
everything works first.

I also have to make decisions about where to put stuff.  binutils
wants to install /usr/bin/m68k-palmos-coff-* which clutters /usr/bin
up.  Some of the utilities are also in /usr/m68k-palmos-coff/bin so I
may just leave the /usr/bin ones out.

What do our other cross compilers do?

Other stuff that needs to be done (easy, but I'm not working on it):

  The PDA:Pilot perl module
  pilotmanager (graphical syncing program that uses pilot-link)

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu