Re: Uploading a version to experimental as well as main?

On Fri, Mar 06, 1998 at 10:28:12AM -0500, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> I have recompiled my Checker package for gcc 2.8.1, which is currently in
> experimental.  I'd like to upload a Checker for this gcc; can I do this by
> just putting experimental in the first line of debian/changelog, or is
> some other action necessary?  I don't want the Checker current in unstable
> to disappear.

The installer scripts treat "experimental" as a separate "distribution"
(like "stable" and "unstable"). Just putting it in the first line of
debian/changelog ought to be enough.

HTH,
Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch