Intent to package xcircuit

Several months ago I was approached by someone on the debian-user list to
package xcircuit. Since then I have been in discussions with the author of
this package (Tim Edwards <tim@bach.ece.jhu.edu>) who has been very
gratious in making modifications required by Debian for adequate
packaging.

The package is being released under the Artistic License and, while it
isn't my favorite license it does qualify under the DFSG and so, will go
into the main distribution. (This is much better than it started
out...there was no copyright at all on the original release)

For those who may find the name less than informative ;-) this program is
an X Window program for drawing circuit diagrams. While it fulfills the
basic requirements for any drawing/drafting program, it also provides many
features designed to support circuit diagrams. There is a user library of
symbols that provide the "basic" symbol set used in electronic circuitry
design. The author is still making additions and modifications to the
software so this is an ideal time to get input from those who will become
the program's users.

With any luck at all, I will be able to get this package ready for upload
this weekend.

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_   Author of "The Debian Linux User's Guide"   _-_-_-_-_-_-