Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] Kaffe: The future

Tim Wilkinson <tim@transvirtual.com> writes:

[ Announcement of new kaffe team and licensing ]

> The main system (with sources for the VM, core libraries and the AWT) will
> be free for commercial and non-commercial purposes, but not for all platforms
> and not for somebody who tries to make money with modified versions
> of it.

What a disaster!

If you proceed with this license, kaffe will be non-free according to
the terms of the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG) / Open Source
Definition.  See www.debian.org and www.opensource.org.

I was holding off on doing a Debian package until your new release. If
you aren't going to going to release kaffe under a license compatible
with the Debian guidelines - I guess I'll have to fork a version off
at the last free release of kaffe + biss-awt (plus kore, I suppose).

I'm very disappointed.  :-(

Cheers,

 - Jim