Re: timezone -> timezones (why?)

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> wrote:
> There is a clearly defined path to an upgrade. If you choose to
> deviate from that path, it is your responsibility to know what you are
> doing.

Er.. I thought we were the folks who define that path, and that
the path was not yet fully defined for hamm.

It seems to me that the timezone/timezones issue is one of the few
(only?) mandating autoup.sh as opposed to pkg-order. It seems to me
that pkg-order is easier to work into the functionality of dpkg than
autoup.sh (though that is only an impression and may not in fact be
true), and it seems to me that we should be discussing this on its
technical merits.

Maybe renaming timezones is a bad idea, but I haven't seen a concluding
reason in that direction.

--
Raul