Re: Uploaded mime-tools 4.116-1 (source all) to master

On 20 Feb 1998, Darren/Torin/Who Ever... wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP DECRYPTED MESSAGE-----
> Dirk Eddelbuettel, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
> >Source: mime-tools
> >   * Changed debian/rules to change mode of files that are going to be
> >     installed below /usr/lib/perl5/MIME/ from 444 to 644 (lintian)
> >     I suspect that this is a Perl bug as I use 'make pure_install'
>
> Perl likes to install things with a-w.  It just needs to be dealt with
> after install.

So, which is better, Perl's way or Debian's?  (I don't know.  :-)
Anyway, for those who are interested, I think it has to do with
/usr/lib/perl5/ExtUtils/Install.pm.  Doing a "s/0444/0644/g" in that file
will solve the Lintian warning automagically, but I wonder if modifying
the upstream code to comply with this Debian policy is a good idea or not.

:-)  (Still standing on the fence.  :-)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca