Re: More about lintian

In article <[🔎] 87yazbe75g.fsf@tiamat.datasync.com> you write:
>       [I an not against using .. as an escape]

Whew!

>>>"Charles" == Charles Briscoe-Smith <cpbs@debian.org> writes:

>Charles> Now, how can I re-wrap that last short paragraph to prevent
>Charles> the dots appearing at the start of a line?  I can't.
>
>       You can't?

No.  As you suggested, I can certainly change the punctuation around to
avoid having a `.' at the start of a line (in fact, I uploaded a new
version of my package with this fixed several days ago -- I replaced
the three dots with two dashes) but, as I said, I can't avoid it -just-
by re-filling the paragraph.

>                  There is nothing that states that your description
> has to be a verbatim copy of the upstream author's. We are permitted
> ingenuity and innovation ...

Indeed.  However, I liked the upstream author's description, and wanted
to use it because it was appropriate.  I've changed it enough to comply
with the current policy, but that doesn't mean policy shouldn't change.

--
Charles Briscoe-Smith
White pages entry, with PGP key: <URL:http://alethea.ukc.ac.uk/wp?95cpb4>

PS: If my messages seem late or out-of-date, it's because I'm
    communicating in batch mode via floppy-disk-net!