Re: Banner exchange

On 16-Feb-98, 12:03 (CST), Behan Webster <behanw@verisim.com> wrote:
> I'd just like to share a random thought with everyone.
>
> Would it not be a good idea to raise the visibility of the various
> Debian and SPI sponsored programs?  There are several free banner
> exchange systems that people use to advertise such things as the bovine
> RSA-64 cracking system, on various people's web pages.  at the very
> least http://www.projects.ml.org/ is now running a banner exchange
> program.

I, for one, find the proliferation of banners, logos, and other
non-content crap on web-pages annoying. I don't look at them, except
occasionally to note which companies/organizations to avoid. I would be
very disappointed to find random references to Debian/SPI in such
locations. Now, a real link, as provided by an interested party, and hopefully
with a brief description, is always welcome.

All the above is IMO, of course.

steve