Re: Non-mail idea (was Re: idea for a new debian mailserver?)

dark@xs4all.nl (Richard Braakman) writes:

> The drawback, compared to what Colin described, is that you have to
> start it manually.  That's no problem for me because I don't want
> cron jobs using my phone line in any case, but it might be different
> for a site with lower phone charges.

That's why I was suggesting both.  You run dftp at night to get the
majority of the packages you need, letting dftp deposit them in
dpkg-ftp's download area, then you run dselect later, and it notices
that most of the packages it needs are already there, and only
downloads the few more (if any) that are missing....

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>