new radiusd-merit lincense

Hi all...

I'm the maintainer of radius-merit package, and currently debian
version is 2.4.23, but now Merit has a new version, 3.5.6, with lot
of changes and enhancements.

One of their changes is the lincense, now it doesn't permit
distribution:

"...
Distribution of this software or derivative works or the associated
documentation is not allowed without an additional license.
..."

I'm pretty new, so I don't know what I should do. Have I to ask
myself for a lincense? or maybe that has to be done by "some
important Debian person"?

I'm afraid that without their permission we'll have to continue
with old version 2.4.23, or maybe giving up with radiusd-merit and
maintaining other radius packages like radiusd-livingston...

I would apreciate ideas.

<<--------- cut here ---------
Copyright [C] The Regents of the University of Michigan and Merit Network,
Inc. 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 All Rights Reserved

Permission to use, copy, and modify this software and its documentation
for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided:

1) that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all
   copies of the software and derivative works or modified versions thereof,

2) that both the copyright notice and this permission and disclaimer notice
   appear in all supporting documentation, and

3) that all derivative works made from this material are returned to the
   Regents of the University of Michigan and Merit Network, Inc. with
   permission to copy, to display, to distribute, and to make derivative
   works from the provided material in whole or in part for any purpose.

Users of this code are requested to notify Merit Network, Inc. of such use
by sending email to aaa-admin@merit.edu

Please also use aaa-admin@merit.edu to inform Merit Network, Inc of any
derivative works.

Distribution of this software or derivative works or the associated
documentation is not allowed without an additional license.

Licenses for other uses are available on an individually negotiated
basis.  Contact aaa-license@merit.edu for more information.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  THE REGENTS OF THE
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN AND MERIT NETWORK, INC. DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE
FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET LICENSEE'S REQUIREMENTS OR
THAT OPERATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.  The Regents of the
University of Michigan and Merit Network, Inc. shall not be liable for any
special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages with respect to any
claim by Licensee or any third party arising from use of the software.

Merit AAA Server Support
Merit Network, Inc.
4251 Plymouth Road, Suite C.
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA 48105-2785

attn:  Betty Burke
voice: 734-764-9430
fax:   734-647-3185
email: aaa-admin@merit.edu

Regards,
--
Roberto Lumbreras
rover@lander.es | rover@etsit.upm.es | rover@debian.org & pgp 143BE391

"Try to remove the color-problem by restarting your computer
several times." (Microsoft-Internet Explorer README.TXT)