Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before freezing Hamm

Hi,
>>"Santiago" == Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

Santiago> The old emacs does not operate if libc6 is installed.

Santiago> How will you add a Conflicts line to the old emacs? It's
Santiago> stable and it may not be changed.

Santiago> Not everybody uses dselect, so the assumption that
Santiago> "everybody upgrades everything" is not true.

>> This behavior is not the fault of libc6, but caused by an
>> inadequacy in the emacs package. The fault is corrected by
>> upgrading emacs.

Santiago> I agree.

Santiago> But we could still avoid a little inconvenience to the poor
Santiago> user by adding the Conflicts line.

	How many packages do you want ntthe line? Do you know how many
 packages break? Why just libc6? Why not ever package breaking
 every other package generate a plethora of conflict statement?

	I think it is good for the soul to have a little inconvenience
 once in a while.

Santiago> It is really so much work?

	I think so, yes. I think it is impossible to do this
 absolutely right anyway.

	manoj
--
 He who has experienced the end of his suffering here in this life,
 who has set down the burden, freed! - that is what I call a