Re: autoup.sh & considerations on bail-out scripts

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
> we currently have 7 install methods (cdrom, nfs, harddisk, mounted,
> mountable, floppy, ftp).  we really only need 3.

4 -- we need a method which combines instances of other
methods.  [e.g. multiple ftp sites + local repository]

Other than that, I like your idea.

> unfortunately, we're still going to need my autoup.sh script (or
> something very similar) to do the upgrade from bo to hamm - any
> improvements we make to dpkg methods wont be available on the target
> system until after the autoup stage of the upgrade has completed.

Er... they'll be available if the don't require anything above bo
in the way of pre-dependencies.

--
Raul