Re: GroundZero (third party deb repository)

On Wed, Feb 11, 1998 at 12:56:51PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I just heard about GroundZero, a repository of experimental software,
> http://www.yggdrasil.com/test/GroundZero/
>
> They provide their binaries in a number of forms, including .deb .. The
> trouble is that they are using normal version numbers. I have stated
> before that Deity depends on their being only one deb for each version,
> having two debs called 1.3 that are not the same will cause problems.
>
> Perhaps we should decide on some sort of policy regarding this?

You are right. It is really time to implement *some* sort of origin check.
Then two packages can be distinct even if the version number matches.

Update way should be that Debian package has higher priority, but I'm not
sure how serious I'm about this...

Marcus