Re: autoup.sh & considerations on bail-out scripts

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:

> Another possibility is lftp, it is fairly usefull for this sort of thing,
> put your commands in a file and then lftp < file. lftp is very good about
> transparent failure handling so that would likely work very well. This is
> the simplest I think and is about as robust as the wget method. Of course
> people need to have lftp installed, but it is tiny.

Yeah, I swithced to lftp a while ago (from ncftp), and I like it quite
a bit.  The only feature I miss is the automatic recall of where I was
last time I visited a site.  I got the lftp source and started to try
adding that feature, but ran out of free time (surprise)...

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>