Re: Intent to package pppconfig

On Mon 09 Feb 1998, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> pppconfig is an interactive ppp configuration utility.  It is a
> whiptail-based shell script which attempts to make setting up a ppp
> conection as easy as possible.  Unlike dunc, wvdial, and others, it does not
> create any private files: it operates on the standard
> /etc/chatscript/provider and /etc/ppp/peers/provider files.  Future
> versions will support multiple providers.  It presently supports PAP, CHAP,
> and chat. I will package it and upload it to unstable if no one objects.

I'd be interested in finding out if it can be adapted to also cope with
ISDN ipppd connections as well. Configuring an ipppd connection is a bit
of a pain if you're not altogether familiar with it. My isdnutils
package now installs a skeleton config which has to be edited by hand.

I'll let you know as soon as I've looked at it (I'll probably wait until
you've packaged it).

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl