Re: www.debian.org trouble

On Fri, Feb 06, 1998 at 09:54:25PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 06, 1998 at 12:45:47PM -0800, Adam Klein wrote:
> > Somehow, the the Debian web site has been pointed at the
> > Berlin Project's web site, and theirs ahs been pointed
> > at www.us.debian.org.  Has anyone else noticed this, and is
> > anything being done about it?
>
> www.debian.org is restored.
>
> The apache config was modified with errors.  We're about to
> fix it.

This happened to me when I was playing with non-IP virtual servers.
Apache's root server appears to become inaccessible as soon as you
add such a virtual server. I had to add a virtual server for what
was originally the root server to get it to work.

I find Apache's treatment of servers as either the root or virtual
to be a bit annoying. Virtual servers don't seem to be able to override
things done in the root; sometimes I might not want to use an ErrorDocument
on a virtual server for example, while I want one on the root. I think that
all servers should be on equal footing.

Hamish