Re: Dependency and priority mismatches
- To: email@example.com (Santiago Vila)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Dependency and priority mismatches
- From: email@example.com (Richard Braakman)
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:54:00 +0100 (CET)
- Message-id: <m0y0q6M-001NHbC@night>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980119194313.1558Afirstname.lastname@example.org> from Santiago Vila at "Jan 19, 98 07:57:01 pm"
Santiago Vila wrote:
[about upgrading priorities of library packages used by high-priority packages]
> In fact I think that pure-library packages should not have any priority
> at all.
Treating libraries as slave packages has some elegance, but it only
works if all programs that use the library are registered in the
packaging system. There is no way to guarantee this. I suspect that
sites which do not have any locally compiled software are actually in
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .