Re: Dependency and priority mismatches

Santiago Vila wrote:
[about upgrading priorities of library packages used by high-priority packages]

> In fact I think that pure-library packages should not have any priority
> at all.

Treating libraries as slave packages has some elegance, but it only
works if all programs that use the library are registered in the
packaging system.  There is no way to guarantee this.  I suspect that
sites which do not have any locally compiled software are actually in
the minority.

Richard Braakman