need new name for Deity, round two.

From: bruce@va.debian.org

Non-native-English speakers like "Deity". I think the religeous
connotations make it un-usable.

Several people like "DPM". We would like to offer this software to
others than just Debian, and I think that makes "DPM" a bad idea. Red
Hat actually wish they didn't use their own name on RPM, as that has
induced others to stick their company names on the front of things like
"COAS". Even "LPM" is too limited in my opinion.

Someone suggested "debadmin". Also too deb-centric in my opinion.

Marc Ewing said that Red Hat had a manager written by the BOGUS folks
called "PM" for a short time, but he does not object to our using that
name. He still reads debian-devel, I guess.

Several people pointed out that OS/2 uses "PM" in names.

Behan would prefer a 4-character-or-longer name, he says two characters
are too easy to type by accident and that Unix has too many 2-character
names already. I think most people will be pointing and clicking, not
typing.

More ideas, please? SEND TO ME, NOT THE LIST. I WILL SUMMARIZE.

	Thanks

	Bruce