Re: intent to package ldap

On Mon, Feb 02, 1998 at 10:18:50PM +0100, Johnie Ingram wrote:

> "Magosanyi" == Magosanyi Arpad <mag@bunuel.tii.matav.hu> writes:
>
> Magosanyi> Hi!  I intend to package ldap-3.3. It is a package to do
> Magosanyi> Lightweight Dictionary Access Protocol.
>
> Actually, WNPP shows that Dermot Bradley has been working on this
> since May of 1997.  One can only assume its an extraordinarily hard
> package to create.
It is. It consists of a library, some daemons, and some utility programs.
And the codebase is not clean at all.
I do have a package right now, but to be standard-compliant I guess I should
make 3 packages from the lib, add startup scripts for the daemons, configure
scripts, etc. At least the file layout is compliant now...

Two questions:
-What should I do to have a package soon and avoid multiple paralell work?
Talk to Dermot Bradley I assume.
-How to release the work I did so far? Can go to main, experimental, or
whatever? Should the package now "Provides: libldap,libldap-dev" to be
prepared to the next release when they will be separated?

---
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból