Re: no utmp entry for /usr/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl line 16

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 16:19:05 +0000, Adrian Bridgett <adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com> said:

>   no utmp entry available, using value of LOGNAME ("bridgett") at
>   /usr/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl line 16.

The getlogin() routine in libc6 uses stdin rather than /dev/tty to get
the name of the terminal whose utmp entry it will look up.  A half dozen
other OSes I've tested on all used /dev/tty.  I submitted this a bug
against libc6 about a half hour ago.

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@argon.org