Re: Consens for `Filename: ' in Packages file?

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> as maintaining the non-us ftp server and while trying to create an
> alternat debian-cd script I'm wondering about a consens regarding
> the Filename: header in the Packages file.

The Filename header must refer to the path of the .deb file from the base
of the debian archive. That is, if I say a mirror is at
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian then adding the contents of the filename field
to the URL must give the location of the .deb.

non-us should technically have a field like:

Filename: dists/stable/non-us/binary-i386/pgp-i.deb

If anything else is done dselect will not work. I know this isn't ideal
but it is what we are stuck with :<

I would much prefer to have the Filename field be relative to the location
of the Package file, it would make mirroring small sections simpler. But
doing that will break dselect.

Jason