Re: gcc 2.8.0 problems

On Mon, Jan 26, 1998 at 10:19:24AM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> After installing gcc/cpp 2.8.0 I cannot use the X developments tools
> anymore. That is xmkmf generates a Makefile that isn't able to compile
> anything.

I reported this as #17307: cpp no longer does recursive macro expansions.
For now, perhaps the best solution is to install a pre-2.8.0 cpp with
--force-depends.

> Also makedepend doesn't seem to work anymore. It doesn't find include files
> under /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.8.0/include.

I'm not familiar with makedepend. Can you strace it to see whether it is
perhaps calling cpp?

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.